(315) 701-9500
5229 Witz Drive
North Syracuse, NY 13212
Contact Us
HomeAbout UsNews And InformationFormsOnline PaymentsInsurance & BillingContact Us

About Us

About UsThe Allergy and Asthma Diagnostic Office has been in practice since 1988. We have more than thirty years experience building strong relationships between patients, doctors and staff. We pride ourselves on using the newest advanced techniques in the fields of allergies, asthma and immunology. Our allergy practice was also recently involved in clinical research studies which put us on the front line of the latest, new & upcoming treatments.

Learn more about the Allergy & Asthma staff

We have approximately 14,000 existing patients from all socioeconomic backgrounds. Patients of all severity are seen from infancy to the age of 60. We see approximately 1,500 new patients per year with approximately 1/3 being medication na├»ve. Of these patients, 90% have asthma and/or allergic rhinitis, and the other 10% of patients have various skin conditions. Our allergic rhinitis patients are evenly divided into seasonal, perennial and mixed. Many of these patients receive immunotherapy injections. Our patient compliance is very high.

Dr. Juan Sotomayor is Board Certified in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics and is a Pediatric Pulmonary Specialist. Dr. Ellen Schaeffer is Board Certified in Allergy & Immunology and sub-specialty in Pediatrics.  We also have three Certified Family Health Nurse Practitioners. Our nurses are responsible for the allergy testing, immunotherapy injections, phone triage, and patient education. We have four Respiratory Therapists who do pulmonary function testing, provide asthma education, and instruct patients on the proper use of spacers and peak flow meters. Our support staff is always eager to help facilitate your visit and make it a positive experience for all.


  • Aero allergen & Intradermal testing
  • Food scratch testing
  • Fresh food scratch testing
  • Food challenges
  • Ice cube challenge & cold immersion testing
  • Patch testing
  • Venom testing
  • Antibiotic desensitization
  • MMR testing
  • Local anesthetic testing
  • Rhinoscopy
  • Nasal smear
  • Latex use testing
  • Mucociliary clearance test
  • Influenza vaccine test
  • Gelatin testing
  • Tetanus toxoid testing
  • Allergy injections
  • Venom injection
  • Chronic Cough
  • Urticaria or Hives
  • Functional Respiratory Disorders
  • Allergic Conjunctivitis
  • Exercise Disorders
  • Eczema
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • HAE

Office Hours
To view office hours and phone hours for the Allergy & Asthma Diagnostic Office click here
Driving Directions
To view driving directions to the Allergy & Asthma Diagnostic Office click here
Did You Know?
Approximately 40 million Americans suffer from respiratory allergies.

Visit Us On Facebook Contact Us Allergy & Asthma Diagnostic Office